Much renowned and successful AK-47 has its new successor in the US market, the KR103. KR103 is a robust, sturdy, and highly advanced assault rifle in comparison with the AK47. Years of extensive research, development, testing, and trials went into creating this beast of a weapon. Russian reliability and American standard come together with this durable and authentic weapon that is the true DNA of the Russian AK-103, brought to you by K-USA.
Let us understand why KR103 should be your choice instead of a traditional AK-47.
KR103 assault rifle, designed and produced since 1994, was used by Russians and armies around the world only after 2001. 100% American made by Kalashnikov USA, KR103 is the enhanced USA brother of the Russian AK103. KR103 is from the latest and highly advanced generation of AKs from Kalashnikov USA, the AK100 series. The KR103 accepts all the AK74 and AKM furniture and accessories. It has a caliber of 7.62mm and accepts the cartridge of 7.62*39mm. It feeds on a 30 round magazine and comes with a cleaning rod. This powerful weapon has the capacity to fire 600 rounds in a minute. It works on a gas-operated system with a rotating bolt and a muzzle velocity of 715 m/s.
Let us further get down to the advancement of KR103 and understand why this high-precision assault rifle should be your obvious choice.
- Muzzle Brake. The traditional AK-47 manufactured until 1947 was not equipped with any kind of muzzle brake. The AKs made after 1965 came with a standard and conventional slant brake for a long time.
On the other hand, the advanced KR103 comes equipped with a hybrid muzzle device. This hybrid device works as a muzzle brake compensator and a flash suppressor. It controls the recoil and barrel climb and also suppresses the flash. This super-strong hybrid device tames the recoil to a level of 556 and completely leverages the power of a 7.62*39 cartridge. This hybrid muzzle device makes the KR103 a highly accurate and resilient assault rifle.
- The Handguard. Like the pistol grip and the buttstock, the handguard of the KR103 is made of glass-filled polymer. The robust technology makes this handguard durable and reliable that does not damage during continuous rounds of firing. The polymer handguard is lighter and protects your hands from getting burned with the heat produced during the automatic mode. The KR103 can also be bought with the polymer handguard that has a Picatinny to mount additional accessories like bipods, grips, lasers, and flashlights.
When we talk about the classic AK-47, it comes with a wooden handguard that could crack due to the heat produced in the barrel during continuous firing. It could also shrink if it comes in contact with the water.
- Barrel. The barrel of the AK47 and the AKM rifle use the button rifling method that creates a lot of stress inside the barrel.
But, the KR103 is made with one of the most productive methods of rifling, the ‘cold hammer forging’ method. This method brings a better grain structure of the metal to make the barrel durable, reliable, firm, and inflexible. It gives better shape to the barrel while also strengthening it. The cold forging method of rifling gives exact dimensional accuracy and surface quality. The KR103 has a chrome-lined barrel that protects the gun from rusting and wear and tear. Overall, the high-quality barrel of the KR103 makes sure you perform with exceptional accuracy and speed.
- Magazine. The traditional AK-47 comes with a metal magazine that tends to get hot in warmer climatic conditions, and it becomes quite difficult to hold it. If the metal magazines get a dent, it could also start to malfunction as the follower inside the mag stops.
The KR103 has a polymer magazine that never gets a dent or malfunctions. The magazine of the KR103 is light, durable, and highly reliable. It doesn’t heat up at all, owing to its polymer material. The rugged KR103 also accepts the magazines of earlier series of AKs, including the AK-47.
- Side rail. The earlier generations of AKs did not come with any type of side rail.
But, the KR103 is equipped with side rails to mount the optics. Side rails are one of the most trusted and best method to mount the optics. You can get the side mount through our website to mount your optics. We also offer different kinds of optics like red dot sight, reflex optic, optical scope, night vision, or thermal imaging equipment. Mounting the optics on the side rail or taking it off does not require re-zeroing the gun.
- Buttstock. Like the handguard and the magazine, the buttstock of the KR103 is made with glass-filled polymer. It is the most durable and reliable buttstock as it does not break or crack in any circumstance. It folds to the left side of the weapon and comes back to its original position with the push of a button. The gun with the folded stock is easy to carry in compact places. Keep in mind the folded stock does not hamper the normal functioning of the gun. You can efficiently operate it even with a folded stock.
The AK47 was manufactured with a fixed wooden stock that was vulnerable to weather conditions. It could crack or break easily.
- The finishing. The KR103 does not get any rust due to its durable and long-lasting modern finish. This improvised version of the AK-47 is highly climate-resistant. It never gets rusty in a humid climate, in water, in the jungle, and even in desert areas. The KR103 with its high-grade finish is a durable, trustworthy, and reliable assault rifle in the most difficult climatic conditions.
- Additional accessory. The KR103 can also be equipped with a GP34 under-barrel grenade launcher with a caliber of 40mm. The grenade has the capacity to engage targets up to 400 meters.
Kalashnikov has always been on top of producing the most reliable and robust weapons. Our guns perform exceptionally in every environment without any difficulties.
Kalashnikov USA feels proud in introducing KR103 to our US customers. KR103 is a dependable, durable, reliable, and trustworthy weapon in combat. The KR103 continues the legacy of Kalashnikov. It has perfect precision, accuracy, and speed to match your expectations. There is nothing unnecessary about this rifle. It’s an out of the box competition rifle that doesn’t have a match.
For those who loved our AK-47, the KR103 will always keep you on edge with its super powerful and reliable performance. The KR103 assault rifle is a genuine and authentic All-American made rifle from our AK 100 series.