Job Title:Design And Mechanical Engineer
Department - Operations
Kalashnikov USA is expanding our engineering department! We are looking for a motivated, hands-on Engineer, with a background in the Firearms Industry, to join our team in sunny Florida! The Engineer will be fluent in Solid Works, have knowledge of problem solving and ability to design and help build fixtures and gauges. Only apply if you want to roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty, solve problems, shoot guns and make a difference in a growing company!
– Plans and formulates aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be used from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements.
– Participates in key projects, processes and performance reports, data, analysis and documentation system.
– Assists in determining and implementing policies, procedures and programs.
– Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
– Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
– Submits feasible proposals to management for consideration and allocation of funds from the department.
– Implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures, research findings and progress reports to inform management of status of each project.
– Works with the manufacturing, operations and quality manager, reviews and monitors quality and process improvements and new product development.
– Provides the review of production costs and product quality and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
– Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain engineering requirements to develop new markets.
– Provides appropriate support for manufacturing and quality functions within the company.
– Assists in resolving issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
– Provides engineering records and blueprint maintenance.
– Exercises utmost confidentiality in every aspect of the job.
– Other job-related duties.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
– Bachelor’s Degree Required
– 5+ Years’ Related Experience and Training
– 1+ years of experience with the AK platform
– Background in Firearms or Related Industry
– Mechanical Engineering
– Problem Solving and Analysis
– Design Engineering
– Experience with Current Software
– Communication Proficiency
– Leadership and Management Expertise
– Financial Management
– Lean/Six Sigma
– Process Re-engineering
– Performance Improvement
– Project Management
– International Operations
– New Product Development
– Change Management
Must be able to pass a background check and a drug screen
Work Environment: Office
Physical Effort: Lift up to 50lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position and may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
Kalashnikov USA is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Share this job
Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years in Related Field